Vinegar diluted in water or white vinegar mixed with olive oil is a great way to remove scratches from furniture and restore shininess of the wood just like a polish .
Dilute white vinegar with water.
- Mix three tablespoons of vinegar to a cup of water and add a pinch of scented dish soap to the mixture to cover over any excess vinegar scent.
- Dampen a old cloth with above mixture and apply a small amount of the solution to the test area, then buff it dry with a clean cloth.
- If there is no negative effect on the test area then you can continue to clean the entire portion of the furniture or wood.
- Always rub the cloth in circular motion and he marks or scratches start to fade away.
Vinegar with Olive Oil for Polish.
- Mix equal amount of Vinegar and Olive Oil , you may also add a few lemon drops if desired.
- Mix the above solution and use an old cloth to damp it and start rubbing on the wood surface
- Olive oil and vinegar restores moisture in the dry wood and also removes scratches and gives a shiny look.